Real Estate Law:
Legal professionals specializing in the legal aspects of buying and selling real estate properties. We assist in many transactions associated with the transfer of property. We at VC Law are here to help you buy, sell or refinance a home anywhere in the GTA. We will close your deal successfully, without undue delay and costs. We offer legal advice on Mortgages, Title Insurance, standard charge terms and Independent Legal Advice when necessary.
- Residential Purchase and Sale
- Commercial Purchase and Sale
- Mortgage Refinancing
Title insurance is an insurance policy that protects residential or commercial property owners and their lenders against losses related to the property’s title or ownership.
- Unknown title defects (title issues that prevent you from having clear ownership of the property);
- Existing liens against the property’s title (e.g. the previous owner had unpaid debts from utilities, mortgages, property taxes or condominium charges secured against the property);
- Encroachment issues (e.g. a structure on your property needs to be removed because it is on your neighbor’s property);
- Title fraud;
- Errors in surveys and public records
Land Transfer Tax:
Effective April 21, 2017, a 15% tax is imposed on the purchase or acquisition of an interest in residential property located in the Greater Golden Horseshoe by individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of Canada or by foreign corporations (foreign entities) or taxable trustees. This new tax is in addition to Ontario’s current Land Transfer Tax. The implementation of the Non‑Resident Speculation Tax is subject to the approval of the Legislature. Find out More…